The News in Education program is an excellent way for your business or corporate office to get involved in supporting education in the Charlotte area. Custom sponsorship packages are available to fit any budget, whether you want to support one classroom, one school, a district or the entire region. Your generous contributions make our NIE program possible.
How do I become a sponsor?
By sponsoring NIE you will assist educators in your town and across the state. Below are several ways to help support your community and education in schools by becoming an NIE sponsor. Contact NIE Manager, Elisha Manassa, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to pledge your sponsorship today.
Vacation Donations — Leaving town?
Our regular newspaper subscribers can help schools by donating the value of their newspaper to NIE. When you are going on vacation, call Customer Service (1-800-532-5350) to stop your newspapers for the duration of your vacation and select the option to donate the funds for the value of the papers to NIE. If you put your paper on hold online, just select the NIE donation option from the drop down menu.
Classroom SponsorshipGive the lifetime gift of learning by putting newspapers into the hands of students. Sponsor a subscription of newspapers for a classroom or a school. Your sponsorship will support the NIE program for one full school year at one of the following levels:
- Platinum $2,500: Provide access to daily M-F newspapers for 10 classrooms.
- Gold $1,000: Provides access to daily M-F newspapers for 5 classrooms.
- Silver $500: Provide access to daily M-F newspapers for 2 classrooms.
- Bronze $250: Provides access to daily newspapers for 1 classroom.
NIE supports literacy and provides countless resources for not only the Charlotte area teachers but for the local community at large, with special supplements and educational program materials. Consider making an individual donation to partner with us as we stand together to support the next generation of readers. Each publication can be tailored to a sponsor's goals and objectives.
Publication sponsors receive the following benefits:
- Company logo on the publication.
- Company logo and link to sponsor website on nie.charlotteobserver.com.
- Inclusion in monthly thank-you ads in The Charlotte Observer (for one year).
- Distribution of sponsored publication to home delivery customers.
- An option for overrun of the publication for the sponsor's use.
To make a donation please contact Elisha Manassa, NIE Manager by phone (919) 829-8921 or by email email@example.com.